CCRS Qualifications for Membership
It is the policy of the Cannon County Rescue Squad, Inc. not to deny any applicant for membership with the ability to apply for Membership with the Squad. It is also the policy of the Squad not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, military service, disability or sexual orientation.
The following are Qualifications for Membership:
- Must have a valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
- Applicants may be denied Membership based on applicants having restrictions against their Driver’s License.
- Must have reached his/her 18th birthday.
- The Cannon County Rescue Squad, Inc. will accept applications for Junior Squad Members on the basis of the applicant reaching his/her 16th birthday. A Junior Applicant must have a signed written statement from his/her parents and/or legal guarding, stating that they will not hold the Cannon County Rescue Squad, Inc. responsible for any accidents which may occur until the Junior applicant has reached his/her 18th birthday.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Must be able to perform or assist in required duties of the Cannon County Rescue Squad, Inc.
- Must become familiar with the use of all rescue equipment.
- Must attend meetings, drills, and all functions of the Squad.
- Must attend and pass a Vehicle Extrication Training Program within twelve (12) months of becoming a Member.
- Must attend and pass an Emergency Vehicle Operations Course within twelve (12) months of becoming a Member.
- Must be a legal citizen of the United States, or must be a nationalized citizen of the United States, or must posses a legal permit to live and work in the United States.
- New applicants will be denied Membership if they have a current felony conviction against their record. Persons with previous felony convictions will be allowed to apply for Membership if and when the felony conviction is expunged from their record.